If you are looking for a San Luis Obispo Wedding Venue, consider Chateau Noland if you want a taste of France on your wedding day!
Your wedding venue sets the tone for your big day, making it one of the most important decisions you will make during the wedding planning process. Choosing the perfect San Luis Obispo wedding location can be overwhelming, with endless options. The Chateau Noland is one of my favorite venues.
Monterey Wedding Photographer
Hi there! My name is Dana, and I am a Monterey-based wedding photographer. Since 2018, I have photographed weddings and wedding shoots throughout the US and Europe. Getting to photograph beautiful weddings all over the world is one of my favorite things to do. French weddings and their charm live in my head rent-free. When I found out about this beautiful wedding venue in San Luis Obispo, I had to reach out to them!
San Luis Obispo Wedding Venue
Chateau Noland is on a hill just outside the main town of San Luis Obispo. After the original owners, Chad and Jaymie, returned to the valley after visiting over 40 countries, they decided to change the chateau’s grounds. The South of France inspired them, so they turned the horses’ stables into a bed and breakfast-style. Now, not only can you have weddings here, but you and your close wedding party can also stay here during your wedding weekend experience.
The indoor bridal suite and getting ready room are some of my favorites that I have ever worked in. There is plenty of lounge space to relax, natural light, and room for multiple people to get their hair and makeup done simultaneously. Plus, the view of the courtyard from the main suite is beautiful. I think this is why it’s one of the best San Luis Obispo Wedding Venue places in the area.
Another reason why I love this San Luis Obispo Wedding Venue is because they have horses! You can rent a horse-drawn carriage for your wedding day. They will even let you take some photos with the horses as well.
Lastly, I love this chateau as a San Luis Obispo wedding venue because the natural light and photo locations are endless. Whether you want images near the stream and bridge, under some shade with stone walls as the backdrop, or the gardens, the photo spots are endless.
Questions to ask when touring the chateau
Now, I know that this chateau, as beautiful as it is, is not for everyone. So, when you come to tour the venue for your wedding, I have some suggestions for you to help you decide if Chateau Noland is the right San Luis Obispo Wedding Venue for you. Here are some things to consider when touring the chateau. Make sure you also come prepared with questions.
1. Availability: Is the venue available on your desired wedding date? If not, do they have any alternative dates?
2. Capacity and Layout: Can the venue accommodate your estimated guest count? How is the seating arrangement typically set up? Is there a dance floor? Are there separate spaces for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception?
3. Catering and Bar Services: Does this San Luis Obispo Wedding Venue offer in-house catering? If so, what are the menu options and pricing? Can you bring in your own caterer? Is there a corkage fee for bringing your own alcohol?
4. Vendor Restrictions: Does the venue have any restrictions on outside vendors, such as photographers, DJs, or florists? Are there any preferred vendors you must use?
5. Additional Services and Amenities: What additional services does the venue provide? Do they offer event planning assistance? Is there on-site parking for guests? Are there any noise restrictions or curfews?